SFM Foundation video contest
Submit a video and win a prize!
We invite SFM Foundation scholarship recipients to participate in our second annual video contest.
It’s an opportunity for you to tell your story, explain how your SFM Foundation scholarship positively impacted your family and ability to attend college, and thank those who helped make your scholarship possible. Win a prize just for entering!
Pay it forward by helping us spread the word about how important it is to support the SFM Foundation.
How to enter
1. Create a 1-2 minute video that includes the following:
- Your story
- Your current (or past) college name and major
- How your scholarship has helped you and your family
Please note: If you submitted a video to our 2020 annual contest, you are not eligible for this year’s contest.
2. Make sure your video is usable and shareable
3. Upload your video by Friday, October 15
Send us your .mp4 or .mov video by uploading it to ShareFile here.
4. Sign a release form
You worked hard on your video, and we want to be able to share it with our generous supporters.
1st Place: $500 gift card
2nd Place: $250 gift card
What if you don’t win?
Receive a $100 gift card just for submitting a usable video.
The submission deadline is Friday, October 15, 2021.
- Be creative in telling your story. Explain the impact our scholarship truly made on you and your family.
- Record in landscape mode (turn the camera on its side). Vertical (portrait) videos don’t play well on devices other than phones.
- Use the rear camera if you’re shooting on your phone. It has better quality and higher resolution.
- Keep your camera stable and focused. Consider using a tripod for best results.
- Avoid zooming. It reduces the quality of the video.
- Record in a well-lit area. Dark videos look grainy and are difficult to brighten.
- Reduce or eliminate background noise so you have good audio (sound). Outdoor settings can be great for lighting, but difficult for noise.
- Save videos in the correct file format. Make sure your video is saved in an .mp4 or .mov format.
- View additional tips for creating great looking home videos.
Tatyana Soloviyov took first place in our 2020 video contest.
She is a 2017 SFM Foundation scholarship recipient and recently graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato with a degree in communication sciences and disorders and a minor in child development and family studies.
Tatyana’s father passed away in 2012 due to a workplace accident. Hear her story and what her SFM Foundation scholarship means to her.